You are a senior executive in a large company
Your business sector is impacted by the digital revolution. The rules of competition have changed in the digital age by lowering barriers of entry. A plethora of innovative start-ups threatens incumbent businesses by disintermediating existing models and launching disruptive new concepts.
To face this new competition, you need to instill this start-up spirit within your teams and leverage external ideas and new technologies in Open Innovation mode.
Minh-Viêt Pham, Innovation Director, La Poste (FR)
Véronique Sinclair, CIO, Sacem (EN)
The Paris Digital Lab gives you the opportunity to get a fresh perspective from top Gen-Z Digital Entrepreneurs who will propose disruptive ideas and develop a prototype to test proposed solutions.
You already have an in-house digital lab ?
Working in Open Innovation mode with the Paris Digital Lab gives you an opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to your team and to network with companies in non-competing sectors at the leading edge of innovation.
Your are a startup CEO or CTO
To be the first to capture a market you identified, your key factor for success is speed-to-market.
You need fast thinkers trained in the latest technologies able to take on multi-pronged challenges.
Bill Langdon, High Tech Consultant (EN)
To diversify your skillset, you can get one of the Digital Year Program students on board for a 6-month internship outside France, or recruit them after their third year in software development specialization.
Timeline of a project
3 phases of a project at the Paris Digital Lab
Upstream of the prototyping, you get your teams to consider the question: If you were a start-up in this industry, what would you do differently to create value?
Applying our Design Thinking and Agile Development methodology, students proceed to develop a Minimum Viable product prototype.Hack your future
One or two of your senior managers spend 20% of their time on the Paris Digital Lab project over a period of six weeks to come up with a workable prototype.
Tap into the next generation of the “French Tech”
Working with students allows you to:
- Come up with user-focused solutions free from company-specific constraints
- Be challenged by a fresh point of view from the perspective of the Generation Y
- Test the relevancy of new technologies
You use the prototype to:
- Federate your in-house teams across departments. Much more effective than lengthy PowerPoint presentations!
- Test a concept and evaluate its viability
- Fast track in Open Innovation mode to bypass internal barriers and move on a market opportunity
- To start the program, students are trained to scrum and design thinking methodologies
- During the project, students are supervised by coaches who are professionals in their fields (IA, ML, Devops, IoT, Fullstack, UX…)
- Projects are structured with a design thinking phase (1 week), an iterative coding phase (6 weeks) working with weekly sprint and a wrap up phase (1 week) to adjust the deliverables.
- Projects are rhythmed by three main interactions between you and the team of students:
– A kick off to share your context and problematics
– A scope review which has two main objectives: to enable the team of student to share the insights that come from their design thinking week, to define the scope of the project to deliver
– A final pitch handled by the students who present their whole project to your teams.
Among our partners
110+ companies, leading organizations in their industries and startups already turned their ideas into working prototypes with us!
Working in teams of 3 to 4 on 7week projects, the students are in charge of developing Minimum Viable Product prototypes, using Design Thinking and Agile methodologies to prototype solutions in answer to real-world business cases brought on by major companies and start-up clients.
The students learn low-level programming, web front-end, back-end, scripting, databases, mobile development, internet of things, artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning, bot/NLP, reverse engineering, security, and more. They master the main coding languages and cutting-edge technologies and learn to rapidly acquire new ones as needed.
While building their prototypes, students are in charge of everything: coding, testing, documenting, shipping, monitoring, scaling, client meetings and presentations.
COMMUNAUTE URBAINE –SEINE METROPOLE
GROUPEMENT DES INDUSTRIES METALLURGIQUES
LIVE FOR GOOD
MINISTÈRE DES ARMÉES
MINISTÈRE DU TRAVAIL
MINISTERE DE l’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPERIEUR
PSA PEUGEOT CITROEN