You are a senior executive in a large company
Your business sector is impacted by the digital revolution. The rules of competition have changed in the digital age by lowering barriers of entry. A plethora of innovative start-ups threatens incumbent businesses by disintermediating existing models and launching disruptive new concepts.
To face this new competition, you need to instill this start-up spirit within your teams and leverage external ideas and new technologies in Open Innovation mode.
Minh-Viêt Pham, Innovation Director, La Poste (FR)
Véronique Sinclair, CIO, Sacem (EN)
The Paris Digital Lab gives you the opportunity to get a fresh perspective from top Gen-Z Digital Entrepreneurs who will propose disruptive ideas and develop a prototype to test proposed solutions.
You already have an in-house digital lab ?
Working in Open Innovation mode with the Paris Digital Lab gives you an opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to your team and to network with companies in non-competing sectors at the leading edge of innovation.
Your are a startup CEO or CTO
To be the first to capture a market you identified, your key factor for success is speed-to-market.
You need fast thinkers trained in the latest technologies able to take on multi-pronged challenges.
Bill Langdon, High Tech Consultant (EN)
To diversify your skillset, you can get one of the Digital Year Program students on board for a 6-month internship outside France, or recruit them after their third year in software development specialization.
Timeline of a project
3 phases of a project at the Paris Digital Lab
Upstream of the prototyping, you get your teams to consider the question: If you were a start-up in this industry, what would you do differently to create value?
Applying our Design Thinking and Agile Development methodology, students proceed to develop a Minimum Viable product prototype.Hack your future
One or two of your senior managers spend 20% of their time on the Paris Digital Lab project over a period of six weeks to come up with a workable prototype.
Tap into the next generation of the “French Tech”
Working with students allows you to:
- Come up with user-focused solutions free from company-specific constraints
- Be challenged by a fresh point of view from the perspective of the Generation Y
- Test the relevancy of new technologies
You use the prototype to:
- Federate your in-house teams across departments. Much more effective than lengthy PowerPoint presentations!
- Test a concept and evaluate its viability
- Fast track in Open Innovation mode to bypass internal barriers and move on a market opportunity
- To start the program, students are trained to scrum and design thinking methodologies
- During the project, students are supervised by coaches who are professionals in their fields (IA, ML, Devops, IoT, Fullstack, UX…)
- Projects are structured with a design thinking phase (1 week), an iterative coding phase (6 weeks) working with weekly sprint and a wrap up phase (1 week) to adjust the deliverables.
- Projects are rhythmed by three main interactions between you and the team of students:
– A kick off to share your context and problematics
– A scope review which has two main objectives: to enable the team of student to share the insights that come from their design thinking week, to define the scope of the project to deliver
– A final pitch handled by the students who present their whole project to your teams.
Among our partners
123 companies, leading organizations in their industries and startups already turned their ideas into working prototypes with us!
Working in teams of 3 to 4 on 7week projects, the students are in charge of developing Minimum Viable Product prototypes, using Design Thinking and Agile methodologies to prototype solutions in answer to real-world business cases brought on by major companies and start-up clients.
The students learn low-level programming, web front-end, back-end, scripting, databases, mobile development, internet of things, artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning, bot/NLP, reverse engineering, security, and more. They master the main coding languages and cutting-edge technologies and learn to rapidly acquire new ones as needed.
While building their prototypes, students are in charge of everything: coding, testing, documenting, shipping, monitoring, scaling, client meetings and presentations.
COMMUNAUTE URBAINE –SEINE METROPOLE
GROUPEMENT DES INDUSTRIES METALLURGIQUES
LIVE FOR GOOD
MINISTÈRE DES ARMÉES
MINISTÈRE DU TRAVAIL
MINISTERE DE l’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPERIEUR
PSA PEUGEOT CITROEN